5 Series WaterFurnace
Introducing the new 5 Series WaterFurnace Geothermal heat pump which will replace the Envision product line! This new product line is the next generation in geothermal from WaterFurnace.
The 5 Series is an upgrade to the popular Envision® product line that delivers whole-home comfort at efficiencies that are among the world’s highest. This new technology is available now for homeowners to purchase from their local WaterFurnace dealer.
The 5 Series 500A11 combines forced air heating and air conditioning and generates a portion of a home’s hot water, all from a single unit. Available in nine single-speed and six dual-capacity sizes from 1 to 6 tons, the geothermal heat pump system uses environmentally-friendly R-410A refrigerant and features a variety of advanced technology and components.
Copeland Scroll™ compressors are mounted on double isolation plates for extra quiet operation. Dual capacity units include Scroll UltraTech™ compressors for added efficiency and reliability.
A variable-speed electronically commutated motor (ECM) further enhances system efficiency, running only at the speed required. Other choices include a standard permanent split capacitor (PSC) or high efficiency X13 blower motor for comfort and quiet operation.
The 5 Series 500A11 includes these other design components:
- Sophisticated Aurora controls that provide two-way communications with components for superior performance and troubleshooting capabilities
- WaterFurnace’s exclusive FormiShield™ Plus coating on the air coil, which resists corrosion and increases equipment life while improving efficiency and dehumidification during cooling
- Optional hot water assist to preheat water and deliver it to a home’s hot water heater
- IntelliStart® optional soft starter, which reduces start-up amperage to 30 percent of normal draw, reducing noise, eliminating light flicker and increasing compressor life
- Standard pleated Merv 11 filter, with an optional pleated Merv 13 available
- Optional X13 Fan Motor
- The latest copeland compressor technology
- Cabinet with a professional grade finish for long-lasting beauty and protection.
In addition, the 5 Series exceeds ENERGY STAR® requirements. If you have any questions on this product please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-665-3336.
The 5 Series Design
The 5 Series unit will provide forced air heating and cooling to ducted zones. WaterFurnace systems are the result of state-of-the-art research and development. Dozens of quality checks are performed throughout the assembly process.
- Cabinet: The cabinet comes standard with a professional grade finish for long-lasting beauty and protection.
- Hot Water Generation: With an optional hot water assist, the 5 Series preheats your water and delivers it to your water heater.
- Coated Air Coil: Our exclusive FormiShield Plus coating on the air coil resists corrosion and increases equipment life. Its large size improves efficiency and dehumidifciation during cooling.
- IntelliStart: This optional soft starter reduces start-up amperage by up to 60% of normal draw to reduce noise, eliminate light flicker, and increase compressor life.
- ThermaShield: Our exclusive coaxial heat exchanger coating protects against condensation for temperatures below 50°F, extending its life.
- Compressor: For superb efficiency and reliability dual capacity units utilize Scroll UltraTech compressors. while Copeland Scroll compressors are featured in the single speed units. Rotary compressors are used in models 012 and 018. All compressors are mounted on double isolation plates for extra quiet operation.
- Controls: Sophisticated Aurora controls provide two way communication with components for the ultimate performance and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Blow Motor: A variable speed ECM motor runs at only the speed needed for maximum efficiency and savings. Other choices include a standard PSC or high efficiency X13 blower motor motor for comfort and quiet operation.
- Filter and Filter Rack: Pleated MERV 11 filter is standard while an optional pleasted MERV 13 is available for improved air quality. Filter rack holds 1" or 2" filters and is field convertible.
|Calculate your Geothermal Savings
Are you wondering how much you can save with a WaterFurnace Geothermal System? Wondering what piece of equipment would work best for you? Try out our Geothermal Savings Calculator completely free and online and get your savings as well as details on the available WaterFurnace Heat Pump systems for your home.